Mushroom Tofu Veggie Burger
This is a healthy and very tasty vegetable “burger.” The toasting of the oats and nuts add both flavor and texture dimensions to the final dish.
5 (4 oz) burgers
1/2 cup Rolled oats (not instant)
1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 cup Green Onions, chopped including green tops
2 tsp Garlic, minced
1 1/4 cup Portobello Mushrooms, chopped
1/2 cup Cooked Brown Rice
1/3 cup White Cheddar Cheese, grated
8oz Firm Tofu, mashed
1 ea Large egg
3 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
1/4 cup Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp Freshly Ground Pepper
5 slices Fresh Mozzarella
5 ea Rich’s® Gluten-Free Sandwich Roll, Sliced (PC 09790)
- Place oats, almonds, and breadcrumbs on separate sheet pans, toast in broiler until lightly colored. Set aside to cool.
- Heat oil in pan, sauté onions, garlic, and mushrooms until softened. Add oats, bread¬crumbs, and almonds, cook for 2 minutes.
- Combine onion/mushroom mixture with the rice, cheese, tofu, parsley, and eggs.
- Shape into 5 patties, 4 oz each.
- Sauté, or grill until outside is crispy. Top with fresh mozzarella slice.
- Place on a toasted Gluten Free Sandwich roll with lettuce, and tomato slices.