Grilled Southern Comfort Mac & Cheese
This sandwich is a fantastic – albeit extremely caloric – concept. For a slight change of pace use a panini press to do the toasting.
2 slices Mac & Cheese
4 oz Smoked Pulled Pork with Simply Southern Vinegar Marinade (PC 81104)
2 oz Bar-B-Q Sauce
2 slices American cheese
1 slice Cheddar cheese
2 slices Italian Panini Bread (PC 84354)
2 Tbsp Butter or Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Make mac & cheese ahead of time and cool in refrigerator. Remove from pan and cut slices about 1/2” thick that will cover one side of thePanini bread.
- Mix Bar-B-Q pork with Bar-B-Q sauce, set aside.
- Build sandwich by laying 2 slices of American cheese on Panini bread, top with cold mac & cheese, add a slice of cheddar cheese. Spread Bar-B-Q pork on top of cheddar and finish with remaining two slices of American cheese and Panini bread.
- Once sandwich is built, heat 1 tablespoon of butter or olive oil in non-stick skillet.
- Place sandwich in skillet and toast until golden brown. Flip sandwich and repeat. Place skillet in a pre-heated (350°) oven for 5-10 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve with a side of coleslaw and extra Bar-B-Q sauce for dipping.