Banh Mi Sandwich
Considered by many to be one of the best street foods in the world, the Vietnamese Banh Mi sandwich delights consumers with its East meets West flavors of cilantro, pickled vegetables and French baguette”.
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup White Vinegar
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 cup Diakon Radish, julienne
1 cup Carrot, julienne
1 each Jalapeno, sliced
1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 lime Fresh lime juice
1 tsp or more to taste
1 each Artisan Baguette (00832)
1 lb Pulled Pork Bar-B-Q with Traditional Sauce (09232)
1/2 each Cucumber, sliced
1 bunch Cilantro, chopped
- Prepare baguette per instructions on box.
- Mix sugar, vinegar and salt together until sugar and salt dissolve.
- Toss Radish, carrot, and jalapeno in vinegar mixture and let sit at least one hour to overnight, then drain.
- Mix mayonnaise, lime juice and sriracha and set aside.
- Heat Pork BBQ in the oven or microwave until it reaches 140 degrees.
- Sliceb baguette lengthwise and spread top and bottom half with spicy mayonnaise.
- Top bottom half with cucumber slices.
- Top cucumber with 8 oz pork for each roll.
- Top pork with pickled vegetables and top with chopped cilantro.
- Cut sandwich into 2 pieces and serve.