Grilled Pineapple Shortcake
Summer fruit is wonderful on the grill. The heat caramelizes the sugar and makes pieces sweeter and more flavorful. For this shortcake, the grilled juices from the pineapple mix with brown sugar for a sweet and unique sauce.
1 ea Pineapple, sliced in 1” thick rings and grilled
1 cup Brown sugar, packed
1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
1/2 tsp Black pepper, ground
1/8 tsp Cayenne pepper, ground
1 ea Biscuit Dough Round-Handi-Split (PC 08404), prepared
1 oz On Top® Whipped Topping (PC 02559)
- Pat pineapple rings with paper towel to dry and then grill rings until nicely marked on both sides.
- Remove from grill and cool slightly. Dice into 3/4’’ pieces and mix with brown sugar and spices. Let pineapple mixture sit for at least one hour, and up to two days, before use.
- Once pineapple filling is ready, split biscuits and pipe 1/4 cup of Rich’s® On Top® directly on the bottom half of each one.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of pineapple mixture over each biscuit, then drizzle extra syrup over the shortcakes.
- Close the shortcake with the top half of the biscuit. Garnish with additional Rich’s® On Top® if desired.