Chipotle Shrimp Foldover
For a spicy taste of Baja, wrap crispy-fried shrimp, diced red onion and chopped cilantro in a crema-covered chipotle flatbread. Smoky, creamy, crispy and spicy, this flatbread sandwich has it all!
1 cup Popcorn Shrimp (40414)
1 ea Chipotle Oven Fired Flat (01104)
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp diced red onion
1 ea lime wedge, for garnish
3 1/4 cups Mexican style crema (or 3 cups sour cream, thinned with 3 tbsp water)
3/4 cup canned chipotle, chopped fine
- Mix Mexican style crema and canned chipotle together well in a bowl to yield 4 cups of Chipotle Crema. Set aside for use later.
- Fry shrimp according to package directions.
- Heat Oven Fired Flat on flattop or griddle until pliable.
- Spread flatbread evenly with 1/4 cup Chipotle Crema, then fill with shrimp, cilantro and red onion. Fold in half.
- Serve with lime wedge to garnish.