Sweet and savory unite in this classic French sandwich. Salty ham, lean turkey and Swiss cheese are pan-fried between two pieces of batter-dipped bread until warm and gooey. Dust with powdered sugar and serve alongside warm raspberry preserves for a taste that will have your guests proclaiming "Oui!"
2 slices Rich's Italian Panini Bread - sliced (84354)
3 oz sliced Swiss cheese
1 1/2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
3 oz thinly sliced deli ham
3 oz thinly sliced smoked turkey
1/4 cup warmed raspberry jam
8 large eggs
2 cup whole milk
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
4 tsp sugar
- Whisk together 8 large eggs, 2 cups whole milk, 2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp ground black pepper and 4 tsp sugar in a separate bowl until well mixed. Set aside as Egg Batter.
- Spread one side of each slice of bread with 1/2 tbsp mustard. Place 1.5 slices of cheese over mustard on each half of bread. Place ham and turkey on one side of sandwich, then top the other piece of bread with cheese and mustard.
- Secure sandwich with toothpicks.
- Briefly dip each side of sandwich in Egg Batter, being careful not to let the egg mixture fully soak the bread.
- Cook sandwich on an oiled griddle until both sides are nicely browned and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and slice in half diagonally. Serve with a side of raspberry jam to dip.