Super Italiano Meatball Sub
For an over-the-top savory sub that is sure to leave no guest hungry, top garlic bread with juicy meatballs and slather on marinara, pesto and alfredo sauces. It's a handheld Italian feast!
1 ea Rich's Hoagie Roll (89690)
3 ea Rich's Robust Meatballs, 2oz (00360)
1 lb unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
2 slices provolone (1oz slices), cut in half
1 tbsp marinara sauce, heated
1 tbsp prepared alfredo sauce, heated
1 tbsp prepared pesto sauce
- Beat butter with garlic powder and salt until well mixed. Set aside as Garlic Butter for use later.
- Bake roll according to package directions. Once cool, split bun and spread Garlic Butter. Toast on flattop or griddle until golden brown.
- Heat meatballs according to package directions.
- Place meatballs on toasted bread. Top with cheese and bake until chesse is melted and beginning to brown.
- From left to right, pour 1 tbsp marinara over the first meatball, 1 tbsp alfredo sauce of the middle meatball and 1 tbsp pesto over the final meatball. Close sandwich and serve.