Dublin Style Beer Cheddar Soup
Served in a Peasant Mini Boule, this rich and hearty offering is more than just soup -- it's a full meal. Warm your guests from head to soul with this delicious recipe.
8 Peasant Mini Boule (PC 87679)
1 cup Onions, chopped
1 cup Carrots, chopped
1 cup Celery, chopped
2 1/2 Tbsp Butter
2 Small Potatoes, diced
7 oz Dubliner Irish Farmhouse Cheese, shredded
4 cups Vegetable Stock
6 cups Half and Half
3/4 cup Flour
6 oz Guinness Beer, not extra stout
- Bake mini boule, following directions on case.
- Sauté onions, carrots, and celery in butter until just tender, approximately 8 minutes.
- Add the flour, 1/2 of the beer, then the half and half in small amounts. Stir until fully incorporated.
- Add the rest of the beer, the potatoes, and the shredded cheese.
- Simmer gently until potatoes are tender, approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Slice top off mini boules and remove interior crumb to form a "bowl".
- Ladle soup into bread bowl.
- Serve hot.