Mediterranean Spinach and Feta Bites
Expand your offerings with this small taste of the Greek Isles. The classic pairing of spinach and feta, together with herbed flatbread, makes for an elegant and understated starter.
2 Tbsp Butter
1/4 cup Onion, minced
10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach, drained
4 oz Feta Cheese
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
2 Herb Oven Fired Flats (PC 01945)
- Grill flatbread on one side until grill marks appear.
- Brush with olive oil and cut each flatbread into 16 small triangles.
- Thaw spinach and press out as much of the moisture as possible.
- Place butter in a sauté pan and add onions and spinach. Saute over medium heat for about 5 minutes to cook off moisture.
- Mix in the feta, lemon juice, and pepper, then cool. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on each flatbread triangle. Top with strips of roasted red bell pepper, if desired.