Herbed Flatbread and Smoked Salmon Tapas
Assembled in advance, these well-dressed flatbreads are as pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate. Flavors of dill, Dijon, red onion and capers complement the richness of the salmon and are the perfect addition to meals from brunch to dinner.
4 oz Smoked Salmon, divided
1 Plain Oven Fired Flats (PC 01946)
1 Tbsp Red Pepper Pesto
2 oz Rich's® Whip Topping® Base (PC 02903)
1 oz Dijon Mustard
1/8 oz Dried Dill
1/8 oz Cilantro, finely chopped
1/2 oz Capers
1/4 oz Red Onion, finely chopped
- Thaw and whip Rich's® Whip Topping® Base on medium speed to full volume. Seperate into two equal portions.
- Finely chop 2 oz smoked salmon.
- Incorporate cilantro and chopped salmon into one portion of topping and continue whipping to make a mousse.
- Incorporate dill and dijon into other portion and whip.
- Spread pesto on flatbread and grill. Then cut into 8 triangles.
- Roll dill & dijon mousse into remaining 2 oz of salmon and slice, as you would a sushi roll, into 4 pinwheels.
- Assemble pinwheels on 4 flatbread triangles.
- Pipe salmon mousse onto remaining 4 flatbread triangles.
- Garnish all with herbs, capers, and onions.